Flirting is a crucial element of romance and human sexuality with its own history, techniques, skills and approaches. This course delves into the science of body language, the power of conversation, the role of our five senses, the value of active listening, the significance of positivity, how flirting works in long term relationships and much more.
This course follows SMART learning objectives (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-Phased). By the end of this course, students will understand and be able to:
1. Identify at least five (5) research findings about flirting.
2. Differentiate between appropriate and inappropriate ways to flirt.
3. Name the ways in which women’s flirting habits change with their menstrual cycles.
4. Explain the truth about at least two (2) flirting myths.
5. Summarize how conversation can affect flirting.
6. Identify at least five (5) types of body language that are considered flirtatious.
7. Distinguish between flirting, seducing and teasing.
8. Understand how vocal inflections signal flirting.
9. Examine reciprocal disclosure and how it influences flirting behavior.
10. Develop a 5 stage plan for flirting with exercises based on W5 principles of journalism.
11. Identify sexual harassment in the context of flirting.
12. Identify at least three (3) flirting techniques.
13. Explain how flirting works in long-term relationships.
14. Understand the value of positivity in the context of flirting.
15. Learn about flirtatious conversation starters.
COURSE WORK FORMAT:
FLIRTING Narrated Multimedia Presentation Video (51m 29s)
Giving Love To Your Body & Showing Love To Your Partner with Dr. Amie Harwick (1hr. 30 minutes)
Build Confidence Hypnosis Session (20 minutes)
3. Reading Material:
Guide to Flirting & Dating e-book (21 pages, estimated time to complete: 42 minutes)
1. Final Quiz – 25 questions (about 30 minutes)*
*If you are enrolled in our Certified Love Coach Program, Certified Master Sexpert Program or Certified Relationship Coach Program, you will be required to take an exam of 100, 50 or 30 questions respectively with a combination of multiple choice, true false and essay questions. A passing grade is 80%.
Students will be able to apply the knowledge and skills learned in this course for their own practice as relationship coaches, love coaches, wellness coaches, intimacy coaches, and other professional specialties such as educators, sexologists, counselors or therapists.
This course meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 3.5 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification. Please note that AASECT applies these credits on an individual basis, and LU cannot guarantee AASECT membership based on the completion of any LU course or program. Visit AASECT for more details: https://www.aasect.org/
This course is eligible for credit at the American College of Sexologists towards the 300 hours required for membership. Please note professional life experiences are also eligible for academic credit as determined by the discretion of the ACS International board, including researchers, documentary filmmakers, authors, adult toy retailers or other entrepreneurs in the field of sexual health and pleasure. Visit ACS for more details: http://www.americancollegeofsexologists.org/
This course is eligible for 3.5 CE credits - AASECT CE provider number: 18-916-LU
THIS IS AN ONLINE COURSE AT LOVEOLOGY UNIVERSITY®