How To Give & Receive True Love
This course lays the groundwork for understanding intimate human behavior with essential statistics, history, theory, skill sets and foundational knowledge on the concept of love. Discover the elements of self-love, romantic love, passionate love as well as key theories on rejection and forgiveness. Finally, learn about the necessary ingredients of true love, such as communication, trust and respect to provide the basic underpinning for the program.
This course follows SMART learning objectives (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-Phased). By the end of this course, students will understand and be able to:
1. Identify at least five (3) brain chemicals involved in the ‘feeling’ of love.
2. Differentiate between the concepts of love and lust.
3. Name & describe four historical philosophies of love.
4. Explain John Allen Lee’s ‘Types of Love’ categories.
5. Understand Sternberg’s Triangular Theory of Love.
6. Explain how forgiveness can heal personal relationships.
7. Summarize the most important factors in maintaining love in a long term relationship.
8. Identify at least five ways to coach someone to process rejection from an intimate partner.
9. Distinguish between at least five (5) ways of expressing love to an intimate partner.
10. Understand how business practices can be applied to romance.
11. Examine successful communication techniques with examples.
12. Develop a plan for keeping a relationship exciting.
13. Identify at least ten (10) steps that lead to healing from a break up.
14. Identify at least three (3) ways to help others let go of the past.
15. Learn about how flirting works to engage potential partners.
COURSE WORK FORMAT:
LOVE Narrated Multimedia Presentation Video (1hr. 3m)
Ask the Expert video: Addictions & Recovery with Sherry Gaba, LCSW (13m 52s)
2. Reading Material:
12 Steps to Everlasting Love eBook (200 pages, estimated time to complete: 3.5 hours) Love Around the House eBook (160 pages, estimated time to complete: 2.5 hours)
3. Final Quiz – 25 questions (about 30 minutes)*
*If you are enrolled in our Certified Love Coach Program, Certified Master Sexpert Program or Certified Relationship Coach Program, you will be required to take an exam of 100, 50 or 30 questions respectively with a combination of multiple choice, true false and essay questions. A passing grade is 80%.
Students will be able to apply the knowledge and skills learned in this course for their own practice as relationship coaches, love coaches, wellness coaches, intimacy coaches, and other professional specialties such as educators, sexologists, counselors or therapists.
This course is eligible for credit at the American Board of Sexologists towards the 300 hours required for membership. Please note professional life experiences are also eligible for academic credit as determined by the discretion of the ABS International board, including researchers, documentary filmmakers, authors, adult toy retailers or other entrepreneurs in the field of sexual health and pleasure. Visit ABS for more details: http://www.americanboardofsexology.org/
THIS IS AN ONLINE COURSE AT LOVEOLOGY UNIVERSITY®