Explore Porn By Genre & It's Impact on Eroticism
This course examines pornography comprehensively from a historical perspective up to the present day with information on censorship, consent, therapeutic porn, genre categories, award-winning porn and amateur video porn for erotic personal use.
This course follows SMART learning objectives (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-Phased). By the end of this course, students will understand and be able to:
1. Explain Hock’s ‘dictionary scavenger hunt’ in relation to defining pornography.
2. Summarize the First Amendment Moral Standards in the U.S. constitution and the 1873 Comstock Law.
3. Identify at least five (5) landmark events on the historical timeline of pornography worldwide.
4. Understand the legal case of Miller vs. California and the subsequent ‘Miller Test’ that attempted to define obscene material.
5. Examine the ways in which pornography encourages a physical focus versus an emotional focus in the context of sexuality.
6. Identify the top anti-porn feminists and outline their basic arguments.
7. Identify at least five (5) behaviors that may indicate a pornography addiction or compulsive masturbation.
8. Explain the degree of subjectivity involved with definitions of pornography and erotica.
9. Be familiar with the statistics of worldwide pornography consumption.
10. Learn about the benefits of legalizing prostitution.
COURSE WORK FORMAT:
EROTICISM Narrated Multimedia Presentation Video (1hr 14m)
Ask The Expert – Dorian Gomez on art & sexuality (10 minutes)
Documentary - X-Rated: The Greatest Adult Movies of All‐Time (94 minutes)
2. Final Quiz – 25 questions (about 30 minutes)*
*If you are enrolled in our Certified Love Coach Program, Certified Master Sexpert Program or Certified Relationship Coach Program, you will be required to take an exam of 100, 50 or 30 questions respectively with a combination of multiple choice, true false and essay questions. A passing grade is 80%.
Students will be able to apply the knowledge and skills learned in this course for their own practice as relationship coaches, love coaches, wellness coaches, intimacy coaches, and other professional specialties such as educators, sexologists, counselors or therapists.
This course is eligible for credit at the American Board of Sexologists towards the 300 hours required for membership. Please note professional life experiences are also eligible for academic credit as determined by the discretion of the ABS International board, including researchers, documentary filmmakers, authors, adult toy retailers or other entrepreneurs in the field of sexual health and pleasure. Visit ABS for more details: http://www.americanboardofsexology.org/
THIS IS AN ONLINE COURSE AT LOVEOLOGY UNIVERSITY®