Discover How to Create More Intimacy In Your Relationship
Achieving intimacy in a relationship involves a process of mutual personal discovery that includes learning how your partner loves, how their brain works (are they primarily left or right-brained?), in what ways they become distracted, and many other subtle nuances that, once explored, can strengthen the bond. This course delves into all aspects of romantic and sexual intimacy and includes practical exercises for couples’ discovery.
This course follows SMART learning objectives (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-Phased). By the end of this course, students will understand and be able to:
1. Identify the primary hormone associated with intimacy and how it works.
2. Differentiate between Erik Erikson’s eight stages of Psychosocial Development.
3. Name and define John Allen Lee’s six types of love.
4. Explain the Matching Hypothesis.
5. Summarize the Proximity Effect.
6. Identify all five (5) patterns in the progression of flirting.
7. Distinguish between left and right brain thinking and how these styles affect the ability to be intimate and understand another person’s intimate needs.
8. Understand the “field of eligible” and how it pertains to finding an intimate partner.
9. Examine the 12 Cs of Intimacy and couples enrichment.
10. Develop a plan for self-disclosure with your clients so they can overcome fear of judgment, rejection, insecurity or embarrassment.
11. Identify internal and external distractions and how they impact intimacy.
12. Identify the five (5) steps of intimacy.
13. Explain how Erikson’s “intimacy and isolation” dichotomy works and how it can result in healthy choices for partnership.
14. Understand Sternberg’s Triangular Theory of Love.
15. Learn about historical practices to encourage intimacy such as “Bundling.”
COURSE WORK FORMAT:
INTIMACY Narrated Multimedia Presentation Video (1hr 16m)
Intimacy Wellness ‐ Experiential Therapy with Dr. Elaine Floyer (15 minutes)
Ask The Expert – Dr. Diana Wiley on Baby Boomer Sex (7 minutes, 54 seconds)
2. Final Quiz – 25 questions (about 30 minutes)*
*If you are enrolled in our Certified Love Coach Program, Certified Master Sexpert Program or Certified Relationship Coach Program, you will be required to take an exam of 100, 50 or 30 questions respectively with a combination of multiple choice, true false and essay questions. A passing grade is 80%.
Students will be able to apply the knowledge and skills learned in this course for their own practice as relationship coaches, love coaches, wellness coaches, intimacy coaches, and other professional specialties such as educators, sexologists, counselors or therapists.
This course is eligible for credit at the American Board of Sexologists towards the 300 hours required for membership. Please note professional life experiences are also eligible for academic credit as determined by the discretion of the ABS International board, including researchers, documentary filmmakers, authors, adult toy retailers or other entrepreneurs in the field of sexual health and pleasure. Visit ABS for more details: http://www.americanboardofsexology.org/
THIS IS AN ONLINE COURSE AT LOVEOLOGY UNIVERSITY®