Intimate Communication & Body Language
Communication plays a central and vital role in relationships of every kind, and mastering the basic elements of human interaction is key to becoming an effective Love Coach. This course outlines fundamental concepts like negotiation, forgiveness, saying no, navigating family life, communicating fantasies, constructive criticism, body language, conversation skills and much more to provide a framework for understanding the development and nuance of most types of personal human connection.
This course follows SMART learning objectives (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-Phased). By the end of this course, students will understand and be able to:
1. Identify three (3) levels of communication and how they relate to intimacy.
2. Differentiate between at least five (5) left and right brain differences.
3. Name three forgiveness exercises and be able to explain how they work.
4. Explain the three (3) modes of communication styles: auditory, visual & kinesthetic
5. Summarize how couples can effectively communicate three (3) different types of personal boundaries.
6. Identify at least three (3) ways to negotiate disagreements.
7. Distinguish between negative and constructive criticism.
8. Understand general gender communication patterns.
9. Examine how successful communication can lead to safer sex.
10. Develop a plan for facilitating better communication between partners.
11. Identify at least six (6) of the 15 C’s for charismatic couples.
12. Identify at least three (3) techniques for single people to communicate more successfully with a goal toward meeting a partner.
13. Explain the role of body language in communication between partners or potential partners.
14. Understand how processing grief affects communication between intimate partners.
15. Learn how to use effective listening to create mutual understanding between partners.
COURSE WORK FORMAT:
COMMUNICATION Narrated Multimedia Presentation Video (1hr 45m)
Ask The Expert – Terri Amos Britt, The Enlightened Mom (15 minutes, 28 sec.)
2. Reading Material:
Understanding Cheating eBook (132 pages, estimated time to complete: 4 hours)
NeuroLoveology (300 page book, estimated time to complete: 10 hours)
3. Final Quiz – 25 questions (about 30 minutes)*
*If you are enrolled in our Certified Love Coach Program, Certified Master Sexpert Program or Certified Relationship Coach Program, you will be required to take an exam of 100, 50 or 30 questions respectively with a combination of multiple choice, true false and essay questions. A passing grade is 80%.
Students will be able to apply the knowledge and skills learned in this course for their own practice as relationship coaches, love coaches, wellness coaches, intimacy coaches, and other professional specialties such as educators, sexologists, counselors or therapists.
This course meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 4 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification. Please note that AASECT applies these credits on an individual basis, and LU cannot guarantee AASECT membership based on the completion of any LU course or program. Visit AASECT for more details: https://www.aasect.org/
This course is eligible for credit at the American College of Sexologists towards the 300 hours required for membership. Please note professional life experiences are also eligible for academic credit as determined by the discretion of the ACS International board, including researchers, documentary filmmakers, authors, adult toy retailers or other entrepreneurs in the field of sexual health and pleasure. Visit ACS for more details: http://www.americancollegeofsexologists.org/
This course is eligible for 4 CE credits - AASECT CE provider number: 18-916-LU
THIS IS AN ONLINE COURSE AT LOVEOLOGY UNIVERSITY®