Transgender Care for Female to Male
Transgender: Female to Male Course
This course, developed by Dr. Natalia Zhikhareva, a clinical psychologist specializing in transgender care, is a comprehensive overview of what it means to be a transgender man, how a person born physically as a woman can transition to a man’s gender assignment, and the testosterone hormone therapy and surgical reassignment procedures involved. The course also covers the psychological and social aspects of gender dysphoria and transition, as well as trans cross dressing, dating and packing. Information on varied sex tools from lubes to pumps and extenders are explored, with sexual techniques on oral and anal pleasure that enhance the trans male sexual experience.
This course follows SMART learning objectives (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-Phased). By the end of this course, students will understand and be able to:
- Understand gender dysphoria and how it manifests over the stages of life.
- Identify at least three (3) etiological theories of etiology for transgender identity.
- Differentiate between gender identity, sexual orientation and biological sex.
- Name four (4) ways in which a trans man can engage in a ‘social transition’ to his true gender identity.
- Explain the negative effects on human beings that result from suppressing one’s true gender identity.
- Summarize how binding and packing work to change a trans man’s appearance.
- Identify at least five (5) ways testosterone therapy changes a trans man’s physical body and emotions.
- Be familiar with the requirements for transsexual top and bottom surgery as outlined by the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH).
- Distinguish between and describe the two types of ‘top’ surgery, which removes breast tissue.
- Develop a plan for trans clients to work through their body acceptance and become excited about dating and sex in their new identity.
- Identify at least three (3) effects of surgery on sexual response.
- Identify at least three (3) effects of transition on sexuality.
- Explain the procedures of Metoidioplasy, Phalloplasty, Scrotoplasty and Urethroplasty.
- Understand the benefits and challenges of the trans man’s experience post-operation.
- Learn about disclosure and how that relates to the trans man’s dating experience.
COURSE WORK FORMAT:
TRANGENDER FEMALE TO MALE Narrated Multimedia Presentation Video (50m)
X‐Biz Article: Understanding How The Transgender Community Has Been Transformed
- Final Quiz – 25 questions (about 30 minutes)*
*If you are enrolled in our Certified Love Coach Program, Certified Master Sexpert Program or Certified Relationship Coach Program, you will be required to take an exam of 100, 50 or 30 questions respectively with a combination of multiple choice, true false and essay questions. A passing grade is 80%.
Students will be able to apply the knowledge and skills learned in this course for their own practice as relationship coaches, love coaches, wellness coaches, intimacy coaches, and other professional specialties such as educators, sexologists, counselors or therapists.
This course is eligible for credit at the American Board of Sexologists towards the 300 hours required for membership. Please note professional life experiences are also eligible for academic credit as determined by the discretion of the ABS International board, including researchers, documentary filmmakers, authors, adult toy retailers or other entrepreneurs in the field of sexual health and pleasure. Visit ABS for more details: http://www.americanboardofsexology.org/
THIS IS AN ONLINE COURSE AT LOVEOLOGY UNIVERSITY®