Erotic Empowerment For People With Disabilities
Disabilities & Intimacy Course
This course is designed to empower abled and disabled people with knowledge about how disabilities affect sexuality. The course covers physical and mental disabilities in varying degrees, and how to overcome barriers to intimacy, love, romance and sex.
This course follows SMART learning objectives (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-Phased). By the end of this course, students will understand and be able to:
1. Identify at least five (5) societal myths about disability and how they have negatively affected people living with disabilities.
2. Differentiate between the six (6) major types of disability.
3. Name at least ten (10) damaging societal beliefs about the sexuality of disabled people, and how each has specifically worked to fuel further misconception.
4. Explain the major civil rights gained by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
5. Summarize the unique plight of people with disabilities regarding sexual abuse, and how society’s prejudice fuels this abuse.
6. Distinguish between politically correct & politically incorrect terms for differently abled people.
7. Understand how body image and sexual confidence are intertwined with quality, fulfilling sex for differently abled people.
8. Examine how disabled partners can communicate sexual needs through a ‘want, will, won’t’ chart.
9. Develop a plan for disabled clients to overcome physical or psychological limitations to achieve fulfilling sex.
10. Identify at least three (3) creative sexual positions for physically disabled people.
11. Learn how adaptive equipment like sex cushions and sex swings aid in improving sex with a disability.
COURSE WORK FORMAT:
Narrated Multimedia Presentation Video (1hr 30m)
Documentary - (Sex) Abled: Disabilities Uncensored (14 minutes)
Documentary ‐ Asta Philpot (17 minutes)
Documentary - Carlana Stone (14 minutes)
2. Final Quiz – 25 questions (about 30 minutes)*
*If you are enrolled in our Certified Love Coach Program, Certified Master Sexpert Program or Certified Relationship Coach Program, you will be required to take an exam of 100, 50 or 30 questions respectively with a combination of multiple choice, true false and essay questions. A passing grade is 80%.
Students will be able to apply the knowledge and skills learned in this course for their own practice as relationship coaches, love coaches, wellness coaches, intimacy coaches, and other professional specialties such as educators, sexologists, counselors or therapists.
This course meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 3 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification. Please note that AASECT applies these credits on an individual basis, and LU cannot guarantee AASECT membership based on the completion of any LU course or program. Visit AASECT for more details: https://www.aasect.org/
This course is eligible for credit at the American College of Sexologists towards the 300 hours required for membership. Please note professional life experiences are also eligible for academic credit as determined by the discretion of the ACS International board, including researchers, documentary filmmakers, authors, adult toy retailers or other entrepreneurs in the field of sexual health and pleasure. Visit ACS for more details: http://www.americancollegeofsexologists.org/
This course is eligible for 3 CE credits - AASECT CE provider number: 18-916-LU
THIS IS AN ONLINE COURSE AT LOVEOLOGY UNIVERSITY®