Become a Coach—Why NOW is the Perfect Time to Become a Life and Relationship Coach
Mar 11, 2019
If you are considering a career as a Life Coach or starting your own business as a Coach, now is the perfect time to get started. Life Coaching is a very rewarding career which allows you the freedom to be your own boss and gives you unlimited career potential. Work from home or enjoy travel and do your business from anywhere in the world. Choose how much you want to make and create your own rates. Enjoy a flexible schedule, setting your own hours so you can work when you want and still have lots of time off for friends and family.
Now Is the Best Time to Become a Life Coach
Why? Here are the statistics!
A Statistical Overview of the Coaching Industry
- The Coaching Industry is a booming 2-Billion-dollar industry worldwide with over 41,300 active coaching professionals (2012).[i]
- In North America, there are approximately 14,060 coaches (2012) and coaching is a $1 billion industry in the U.S. alone (2016).[ii]
- Coaching is the 2nd faster growing profession in the world.[iii]
- Coaching is a very lucrative business with many successful coaches earning 6 figures a year, because, as an entrepreneur you get to set your own pay rate and how much you want to work.[iv]
- The average coach salary in the US is about $40,000-$60,000 a year.[v]
- High end coaches (approximately 20% of life coaches) make $100,000[vi] to multiple 7 figures[vii] a year.[viii]
- Hourly coaching rates are anywhere from: Low $200/hour, Average $500/hour, High $3,500/hour, with high end coaching packages going from $5000-$20,000 and up for VIP programs and retreats.[ix]
- Coaching is in demand, not only used on a personal level but also for organizations. According to a 2009 study, “coaching was used by 90% of the organizations surveyed… [and] even during the economic downturn, 70% of the organizations surveyed reported that they were increasing or maintaining their commitment to coaching.”[x]
- Return on Investment- Coaching works and has up to 6 times return on investment (ROI) compared to coaching costs, according to a Fortune 100 executives study: "coaching resulted in a… 77% improvement in relationships, 67% improvement in teamwork, 61% improvement in job satisfaction and 48% improvement in [overall] quality.”"[xi]
- To meet the rising demand for professional coaches, Colleges are now starting to offer coaching to their curriculums including Columbia, New York, Harvard, Yale, Duke, UC Berkeley and many more. In addition, hundreds of coaching schools have sprouted up over the past several years including e-learning opportunities where you can take coaching programs in the comfort of your home.
Why Finding a Niche and Becoming Specialized is the Key to Success!
To become a successful Coach, you may want to discover your perfect niche as a way to gain an advantage over other coaches in your field. It is very hard to get noticed if your coaching business is too broad, vague or doesn’t appeal to a specific type of person with a specific problem. Many coaches try to be everything to everybody and end up not serving anyone because they are not appealing to their ideal client and their work doesn’t speak specifically to that person in a unique way that they identify with.
So, what is a niche?
A niche is a specialized field of interest where you narrow down your ideal client and what type of coaching you will offer based on your passions, skills, life experience, and the problem you want to solve.
The three top niches in the industry right now have one of these 3 specializations:
Health & Fitness
Relationships & Dating
Business & Career
One of the quickest ways to create your own niche is to add Relationship Coaching to your specialized skills. After all, no matter what type of Life Coach you are, you are always going to be working in some capacity with other people and their relationships.
Here are more reasons why becoming a Certified Relationship Coach is one of the most lucrative opportunities in the coaching industry right now.
- At least 20% of the adult population in the US experience sexual or romantic relationship issues and could use Relationship Coaching, which is over 40 Million people and represents a $4.2 Billion annual revenue. That means lots of clients and abundance to go around.
- People are becoming more aware that they can achieve sexual well-being and fulfilling romantic relationship, but there is a shortage of mainstream solutions that can assist them. People know they could do better but don’t know who to reach or where to go to discuss their issues. That’s where Relationship Coaching comes in.
- Relationship therapy is part of the regular therapy practice; however, the word “therapy” feels overwhelming and expensive for most people who would want to address their romantic relationship well-being. Relationship Coaches are more approachable and affordable.
- Relationship issues or concerns most of time do not equate to emotional “crisis” but simply ongoing frustrations. However, these issues still greatly impact people’s happiness in every part of their lives, so it is important to overcome these obstacles.
- Relationship Coaching is so lucrative that even Tony Robbins is getting into it. With a net worth of $480 million, Robbins now offers Relationship Coaching programs for his clients along with his life coaching and motivational seminars.[xii]
- Loveology University (LoveUniv.com) offers three training packages including the bestselling Certified Relationship Coach Program, where you can graduate in 1 month or less for 1000s of dollars less than most alternative programs.
Conclusion: The World Needs More Relationship Coaches!
How to Become a Relationship Coach
So, the question you may be asking yourself is how to get started if you want to become a successful Relationship Coach.
Good question, and we get asked that a lot actually.
That’s why we put together this free masterclass, “5 Simple Steps on How to Become A CERTIFIED RELATIONSHIP COACH & Start Your Own Coaching Business Online”.
You can join the free masterclass training here.
[v] blog.udemy.com › Students › Business
[ix] www.bridges-ec.com › Homepage › FAQ